Cheap Car Hire at Barcelona Airport
Why Use Car Rental at Barcelona Airport?
- Save time and money when visiting/traveling around Barcelona city
- Easy to drop off your car on another location
- Enjoy great offers when you book your Barcelona Airport car hire online
- With a car rental in Barcelona, you can see the city’s best places and you can head off to the Mediterranean beaches.
- We offer Car Rental without cancellation costs or hidden charges.
International Driving Guideline Barcelona
Spanish holidays rank among the most popular for British holidaymakers – over 12 million of us head there every year! We broker thousands of deals on hire cars for our customers visiting all areas of the country, from those needing transport to visit the beaches and cities of the Costa del Sol, to those needing their own wheels to travel between ski resorts in the Pyrenees.
Driving in Spain is pretty straightforward. In general, the roads are good and far less congested than those at home. However, there are some laws and general pointers you should be aware of before you rent a car Barcelona – here’s what to watch out for:
Car Hire Barcelona Spain Driving Law:
- Drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- Using a hand-held mobile phone while driving is illegal.
- Seatbelts are mandatory for all passengers. Children under the age of 12 must travel in the back unless they have an appropriate child seat and so must any passengers under 135cm tall. If you need booster seats, just request them when you make your rental booking and we’ll arrange them for you.
- It’s a legal requirement to carry a visibility vest in your car but this will be provided by your rental company – you won’t need to pack your own!
- The legal drink/drive limit in Spain is 0.5mg of alcohol per millilitre of blood which is lower than the UK limit of 0.8. It’s really easy to go over this limit so it’s best to avoid alcohol altogether when you intend to drive – the authorities take drink-driving very seriously and penalties can be severe.
- Speed limits are monitored closely by the authorities too, and radars are in use across the country. Speed limits are:
Motorways : 120km/h (74mph)
Open Roads : 90-100km/h (55-62mph)
Towns : 50km/h (31mph)
Breaking them is a serious offence and motorists can be fined on-the-spot for speeding so slow down and take it easy – you’re on holiday!
- Failing to use indicators on motorways is a traffic offence and could also earn you an on-the-spot fine. If you do receive a fine for anything, ask the issuer for a receipt.
Rent a car Barcelona Airport General Guidance:
- Depending on how you plan to spend your holiday, you might need a ski-rack to carry winter sports equipment. Let us know what you need when you book your vehicle and we’ll make sure it’s organised for you.
- Motorways are known as ‘Autopista’ and toll roads are known as ‘Autopista de Peajes’ – keep some cash with you for any tolls.
- Carry your licence, ID, rental and insurance documents with you at all times. If you have an accident, take the details of any other drivers involved and report it to your insurer immediately.
- If you need it, the emergency services number in Spain is 112.
The pace is generally laid back in Spain so enjoy the drive, and if you pick up any other tips or discover any road rules we haven’t already listed, please let us know and we’ll add them to this guide. Have a great trip! firstname.lastname@example.org
Barcelona–El Prat Airport
Barcelona–El Prat Airport is an international airport located 12 km southwest of the centre of Barcelona, Spain.
Address: 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Code: BCN Elevation: 3.8 m
Phone: +34 902 40 47 04
Province: Province of Barcelona
Barcelona Airport Location
Top Airport Car Hire in Spain: