This legal notice is issued by CarRentalChoice.com, the full owner of this website (“we”, “us” or “ours). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and appreciate the importance of responsible use of personal data collected on this website & Mobile App. We take great care with personal information, taking steps to keep it secure and ensure it is used only for our legitimate business purposes in accordance with applicable law.
This policy (together with our booking engine terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, completing a vehicle rental booking form or query form, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
The present document being the Privacy Statement sets out details of the personal data relating to you that may be collected in assistance of the Carrentalchoice.com website and any mobile sites and applications relating to Carrentalchoice.com, how such data will be processed and to whom it may be disclosed. This notice also explains your rights under applicable data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), in relation to our processing of your data.
Carrentalchoice.com and related applications are being operated by a company ETrawler (“ETrawler”) is a company whose registered office is at Classon House, Dundrum Business Park, Dundrum, Dublin 14, Ireland, is the operator of the booking engine, or the Platform, and therefore the controller of the personal data which is described in this data protection notice.
We introduce you to ETrawler for the purposes of rendering the vehicle rental and ancillary travel related products and services (“Services”). You can contact ETrawler directly using the below mentioned link, or if you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data you can also contact us by emailing [email protected]
. In most of the below described cases our company does not control your personal data since we do not operate the booking engine, or the Platform, and therefore we do not get your personal data in this connection, but ETrawler does. The Privacy Statement of ETrawler you may find at https://www.cartrawler.com/ct/privacy-policy/.
Personal Data that is being processed
In order to process your booking of any above mentioned services you will be asked for certain information, such as your name, address, email address, payment information and booking details. This information will be needed by ETrawler in order to arrange rendering you the Services. Also certain information will be collected from the device you use to access our website, such as your IP address, what browser you use and what type of device you are using. In addition to the information that may be collected in assistance of our website, we sometimes receive information that is collected on our behalf or on behalf of ETrawler by third parties, such as when you see a Carrentalchoice.com advert displayed on a third party site.
Most of the personal data that is being collected about you will be information that you have given yourself. This may include the following:
– Abandonment E-mails and Phone Calls – If you commence but do not complete a booking, limited details such as your name, e-mail address and phone number (depending on your chosen method of communication) still will be collected.
– Booking Details – When you make a booking you will be asked for information that is needed in order to process the booking. This will include your name, address, email address, phone number and your payment details.
– Queries and Complaints – If you contact the customer service team with a query or a complaint, the details of the query or complaint and how it is dealt with will be recorded. Further details about the query or complaint may be requested from the relevant transportation or other service provider, which may be also recorded.
– Insurance Policy – If you take out an insurance policy with one of ETrawler’s insurance partners, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, booking reference, IP address and payment details will be collected to facilitate the purchase of your insurance policy.
– Other ancillary products and services – If you book or purchase any other ancillary service, you will be asked for information that is needed in order to process your request. This will include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, booking reference, IP address and payment details.
– Location Data – If you are using the booking services on a mobile device and you have enabled location services, your location will be recorded to help you find local transportation or other services. Your IP address will be used to determine what country you are in when you make a booking.
Personal information that is being collected automatically:
When you use our website services and the booking engine available there, various technologies are being used to automatically capture details about the device you are using and how you interact with the booking engine. This information includes:
– Device Details – the details about the device you are using, including its IP address, its device ID, the browser you are using, and the operating system that the device uses are being automatically collected.
– How You Interact with the website and the booking engine – the details about how you use these, e.g. the date and time that you visit, what pages you visit, how long you stay on the pages, where you have clicked on a page, and details of any crashes or system bugs you may have encountered will be automatically collected.
– How You Reached the website and the booking engine – Where possible, it is recorded how you arrived on our website and accessed the booking engine (e.g. whether you arrived from a search engine, or by clicking on one of our adverts).
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
The main reason of your personal data usage is to process your bookings for car rental and ancillary Services and to deal with any queries or issues that may arise in relation to those bookings. Your personal data may be also used for certain other reasons, such as tailoring the adverts and marketing emails to ensure that they are relevant to you and monitoring your use of the Platform to help to make improvements and tailor the display.
The following are further details of the processing and the legal basis which justifies this processing:
– Abandonment E-mails and Phone Calls – Your personal data may be processed in order to contact you and clarify whether you encountered any issues when seeking to make a booking. This is done on the basis of the legitimate interest in ensuring quality customer service and that there are no issues with the Platform.
– Bookings – Your personal data will be used in order to process bookings with the service providers, and to let you manage your bookings through the Platform. Where your personal data will be processed for this purpose ETrawler will do so either on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract or on the basis of their legitimate interests in providing the booking service.
– Insurance Policy / Other Ancillary Product or Service – If you take out an insurance policy with one of ETrawler’s insurance partners in connection with your reservation or book another ancillary service, your data will be processed in order to facilitate the booking of that Service. Where your personal data is processed for this purpose ETrawler or it’s service provider will do so either on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or on the basis of the legitimate interests in providing you with that Service.
– Queries and Complaints – When you send a query, or have a complaint, about a booking or about any other ancillary Service, your personal data will be processed in order to answer your query or in order to resolve your complaint. Where your personal data is processed in the context of a query or complaint we or Etrawler will do so on the basis of our legitimate interest in resolving customer queries and complaints. If you volunteer data in relation to your health, that personal data will be processed on the basis that you explicitly consent using it in order to resolve your query or complaint.
Personal Data that is Required
You are not obliged to provide any of your personal data. However, if you want to make a booking, or avail of an ancillary service, you will need to provide the information that is requested by the booking engine. If you don’t provide this information, your booking won’t be able to be processed. Similarly, you may be required to provide certain information if you contact the customer services team with a query or complaint. You will be informed where such information is required.
Recipients of Data
In order to process your booking your details are to be sent to the relevant Service provider. If you contact us with a query or complaint in relation to a booking we may also share details of the query or complaint with the Service provider so that we can resolve it.
– Payment Processors – third-party payment processors are being used by ETrawler in order to assist with taking payments on the Platform.
– Technology Providers – This includes service providers who provide services such as helping to secure the network, systems and emails.
– Customer Service Providers –a third party service provider is being used to provide customer service outside working hours.
– Auditors – ETrawler has an internal and external audit function that is provided by third parties. The auditors help them to ensure that they are complying with the legal obligations, including in relation to their processing of personal data.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
– Right to access the data – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
– Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
– Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
– Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
– Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at using the contact details at the bottom of this statement.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We keep our privacy statement under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can get in touch with us using the following contact details: email: [email protected]